The Endowment Fund
Your commitment to help build a permanent endowment for the YMCA is the strongest statement of support to the mission of the Y that you could make and will preserve the future of the YMCA in our community for generations to come. Income from the Door County YMCA Endowment Fund supports essential operations and programs at the YMCA each year and for generations to come. An endowment gift, given today or through your estate, is invested for both growth and income.
There are many different ways that you can give to the Endowment Fund:
- Outright Gift - donate cash, securities or personal property to the Door County YMCA. This option will provide an income tax deduction and will allow you to avoid capital gains tax.
- Living Trust - make a revocable gift during your lifetime by naming us as beneficiary of assets in a living trust. This provides you with control of your trust for your lifetime and possible estate tax savings.
- Bequest in Will - defer your gift until after your lifetime by naming us in your will. This donation is exempt from federal estate taxes.
- Life Insurance Gift - make a large gift with little cost to yourself by giving a policy to the Door County YMCA as owner and beneficiary. This type of gift qualifies as an income tax deduction.
- Retirement Plan Gift - name the YMCA as beneficiary of the remainder of assets after your lifetime. This gift will help you avoid heavy taxed gifts to heirs.
- Retained Life Estate - designate the ownership of your home or farm to us but continue to retain occupancy. This gift is a charitable income tax deduction and still provides you with lifetime use of your home.
- Charitable Remainder Annuity Trust - create a charitable trust that pays you a set income annually. This type of gift qualifies as an immediate income tax deduction and provides a fixed income for life.
- Charitable Remainder Trust - create a trust that pays a percentage of the trustees' assets, valued annually. This type of gift also qualifies as an immediate income tax deduction and will provide annual income for life that has the potential to increase.
- Charitable Lead Trust - create a trust that pays a fixed or variable income to us for a set term, and then passes to heirs. This type of gift will reduce the size of your taxable estate, keeps property in the family and can reduce gift taxes.
Ready to learn more about how you can make a difference? Contact our Financial Development Director at 920.743.4949 to learn more about how you can make a difference today!
The Door County YMCA is recognized as a 501(c)(3) charitable organization.